The Problem: Unprecedented Growth Of Insecure Connected Devices
Gartner predicts the number of smart, connected devices in use to grow to 20 billion by 2020. This growth creates new attack vectors and brings increased security risks to businesses and consumers. This has a real-world impact:
- Consumers don’t trust in the security of their IoT devices.
- Approximately 50% of U.S. firms using an Internet of Things (IoT) network had been hit by a recent security breach (Altman et al, 2017).
Breaches and outages impact revenue and reputation. Properly implemented security controls are mandatory for anyone making or operating connected devices, to mitigate these impacts.
The LAAVAT Solution: Enabling Customers To Secure Connected Devices
Cryptographic keys are at the core of securing connected devices. The LAAVAT solution enables customers to securely manage their cryptographic keys throughout the entire lifecycle in factories, data-centers, and the public cloud.
The LAAVAT Solution secures connected device ecosystems by:
- Managing cryptographic keys from creation to destruction with hardware-based solutions
- Securely manufacture devices even in untrusted factories
- Digitally sign firmware images and applications
- Utilizing PKI to Issue X.509 certificates for different use cases
LAAVAT is currently developing this solution in close co-operation with its partners.